Candace M. Groth
- Business and Corporate Law
- Business Succession
- Income Tax Planning
- Managed Service Providers and Technology
- Data Privacy, Cybersecurity, and HIPAA Compliance
- Real Estate
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D., 2014, summa cum laude, Hamline Law Review, Business Law Certificate, Global Arbitration Law and Practice Certificate.
- Macalester College, B.A., 2011, cum laude.
- Texas, 2016
- Minnesota, 2014
Candace M. Groth
Dallas Office: By Appointment
Minneapolis Office: 7040 Lakeland Avenue Ste, 100
Minneapolis, MN 55428
Candace is an experienced mergers and acquisitions attorney and deal team leader with a focus in the technology, healthcare, and real estate industries. Additionally, she regularly advises clients on a variety of general corporate matters, including commercial contracts, tax and equity structuring matters, and privacy and cyber security concerns.
After law school, Candace served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Christine A. Nowak on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. Candace is an active member of the Dallas Bar Association, Vivaldi Patron Circle, DAYL Foundation, and Minnesota State Bar Association. Candace M. Groth regularly speaks on cybersecurity and data privacy issues.
Professional and Community Activities
- Civil Liberties & Civil Rights Section, State Bar of Texas, Immediate Past Chair June 2019-Present; Chair, June 2018-June 2019; Chair-Elect, June 2017-June 2018; Council Member, June 2016-Present
- DAYL Foundation, 2018-Present
- 2018 DAYL Leadership Class
- Dallas Bar Association, 2016-Present
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2016-Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association, 2013-Present
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra, Vivaldi Patron Circle, 2017-Present
Publications and Presentations
- Crossing the Border: Tips for attorneys, Bench & Bar of Minnesota (August 2019).
- Data Privacy Rights: Searches at the U.S. Border and Beyond, State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting (June 14, 2019).
- Searching for Data Privacy, 13th Annual Bill of Rights Course, TexasBarCLE (May 17, 2019).
- The Future of Collective Employment Arbitration Part II: Apocalyptic Warnings, Lochnerizing, and the Right to Contract, 24 TEX. J. ON C.L. & C.R. (2018).
- Ethics in Practice: Exploring Ethics from Different Practice Perspectives, Hamline Univ. School of Law (November 18, 2015).
- Attractiveness and Certainty: The Minnesota LLC Act Makeover, Hamline Univ. School of Law (October 13, 2015).
- Protecting the Profession through the Pen: A Proposal for Liberalizing ABA Model Rule of Professional Conduct 5.4 to Allow Multidisciplinary Firms, 37 HAMLINE L. REV. 565 (2014).
- Revolution is No Longer a One State Affair, 1 MACALESTER REV. (2011), https://digitalcommons.macalester.edu/macreview/vol1/iss1/2.
In My Free Time
- Candace enjoys running and reading historical fiction in her free time.
- She also likes spending time with her shih tzu dog Arthur.